|Greenbelt||Mon - Tue||07/01/2019||07/02/2019||8:30am - 5pm|
Why Take Excel 2013 Basic Training?
Excel is a widely used tool for managing and manipulating a wide range of data types. TrainACE's Microsoft Excel 2013 Basic is an Instructor-Led Training course that will help students get started with this powerful office software.
The Microsoft Excel 2013 Basic course will familiarize students with spreadsheet terminology and the fundamental concepts of Microsoft Excel 2013, including identifying Excel window components, navigating worksheets, and downloading templates.
Also, students will learn the basics of entering and editing text, values, and formulas, and how to save workbooks in the native Excel format, as well as in other formats. Students will learn how to move and copy data and formulas, how to determine absolute and relative references, and how to work with ranges, rows, and columns.
Students will also learn how to use simple functions, and how to apply formatting techniques to worksheet data. They will create and modify charts, and work with graphics. Finally, they will review workbooks for spelling errors, modify page setup, and print worksheets.
Audience and Prerequisites:
This is an entry-level course that is ideal for anyone who is responsible for maintaining Excel spreadsheets, or who is looking to improve their data analysis and presentation skills.
Along with other Microsoft Office training courses, this course will help you prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification.
Skills and Concepts:
Unit 1: Getting started
- Topic A: Spreadsheet terminology
- Topic B: The Excel environment
- Topic C: Navigating a worksheet
- Topic D: Using a template
Unit 2: Entering and editing data
- Topic A: Entering and editing text and values
- Topic B: Entering and editing formulas
- Topic C: Saving and updating workbooks
Unit 3: Modifying a worksheet
- Topic A: Moving and copying data
- Topic B: Moving, copying, and viewing formulas
- Topic C: Absolute and relative references
- Topic D: Inserting and deleting ranges, rows, and columns
Unit 4: Functions
- Topic A: Entering functions
- Topic B: AutoSum
- Topic C: Other common functions
Unit 5: Formatting
- Topic A: Text formatting
- Topic B: Row and column formatting
- Topic C: Number formatting
- Topic D: Conditional formatting
- Topic E: Additional formatting options
Unit 6: Charts
- Topic A: Chart basics
- Topic B: Formatting charts
Unit 7: Graphics
- Topic A: Working with pictures
- Topic B: Conditional formatting with graphics
- Topic C: SmartArt graphics
Unit 8: Printing
- Topic A: Preparing to print
- Topic B: Page Setup options
- Topic C: Printing worksheets