Employers often list skills like
- Leadership skills
- Organizational Skills
- Team Building, working well in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects, activities and tasks simultaneously
- Advanced knowledge of IT systems and customer support operations management
- Advanced knowledge Windows operating system
- Advanced technical knowledge of networks and communication systems
- Strong customer-focus and demonstrated experience meeting use requirements
- Determine personnel needs for their department
- Oversee company-wide IT strategy and ensure alignment with company goals
- Setup, monitor, and maintain servers and networks
- Setup, maintain and test backup systems for essential company systems and data
- Analyze, recommend, and implement new IT processes, systems, and policies
- Manage support staff
- Ensures high availability and performance of enterprise voice and data networks and critical business applications.
- Evaluates and implements new technologies that deliver business value
- Develops corporate policies and procedures for network, system, and device use and security.
- Documents IT networks and procedures for communication and training
- Capital and expense budget forecasting for IT projects to ensure a stable and secure IT infrastructure. Manage IT projects from scope through deployment.
- Perform all aspects of monitoring, capacity planning, performance tuning and optimization, storage lifecycle management
The job outlook for Computer and Information Systems Managers has a median pay of $139,220 per year and an expected growth rate of 12% which is faster than average. Bureau of Labor Statistics