(301) 220 2802
The Project Management Professional Course offered by TrainACE prepares the student and satisfies the educational requirement for attaining the PMP Certification through PMI.
PMI (Project Management Institute) is the leading professional association in project management established in 1969 and is the world’s most recognized and respected professional credential for individuals associated with project management.
For more information about your specific needs, call us at (301) 220 2802 or complete the form below:
Why Take a PMP Boot Camp?
We offer PMP training regularly at our locations in Greenbelt, MD and Ashburn, VA, as a completely customizable class for your group, office, agency, or company, or as an instructor-led, live online course.
The Project Management Professional Course offered by TrainACE prepares the student and satisfies the educational requirement for attaining the PMP Certification through PMI. The PMI (Project Management Institute) is the leading professional association in project management and was established in 1969.
PMP is the world’s most recognized and respected professional credential for individuals associated with project management. In 1999, PMI became the first organization in the world to have its Certification Program attain International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 recognition. Many corporations require that, for individual advancement within the corporation or for employment, the individual have the PMP credential.
What you need to know before taking PMP training
PMP Certification is a well-respected and established accreditation, as such the PMI requires that candidates for the exam already have several years of documented experience in Project Management roles. The training class itself does not have any prerequisites but you should be aware that the experience requirements need to be met before taking the exam.
Exam and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree holders: 4,500 hrs of project management experience and a minimum of THREE years of project management experience within the SIX year period before application
- Non-degree holders: 7,500 hrs of project management experience and a minimum of FIVE years of project management experience within the EIGHT year period before application
- 35 Learning Credit Hours – This Class Fulfills the Learning Credit Hour Requirement
Please note that if you do not meet the above requirements, you are eligible for PMI’s CAPM Certification.
PMI’s Project Management Professional Certification Requirements
The PMP exam is only available to those who have met the PMI prerequisites, submitted their application (application submission is taught in our class) to the PMI and who have been approved for testing by the PMI. Once approved, you must pay for the exam directly to the testing center. The PMP exam cost is $555 for non-PMI members. The PMP certification exam is not included in the course pricing.
The Project Management Professional (PMP) training course prepares students to successfully attain PMP Certification through the Project Management Institute (PMI).
What is PMP Certification Training?
TrainACE’s PMP boot camp in the Washington, D.C. area is a class that is designed to teach students the entire scope of the project management process. Students will learn to create, plan, and manage all aspects of a project, including areas such as, risk analysis, monitoring, project contracts, and establishing schedules and project budgets.
Our course is offered at the Greenbelt, Maryland, and Ashburn, Virginia facilities, as a 4-day in-class training. Upon completion of the course, students will possess the knowledge and skills that are needed to pass PMI’s Project Management Professional certification exam.
Why is a PMP Certification Important?
A PMP certification is important because it provides professionals with credibility and the validation that they have the knowledge and skills that are needed to successfully manage projects for their organizations. Project managers who are certified often earn a higher salary than their non-certified counterparts. Also, it provides certification holders with an advantage over other candidates when interviewing for open project manager positions.
Who Should Attend this PMP Boot Camp in Maryland?
The PMP training course is ideal for anyone who is seeking a project management position. Additionally, it’s perfect for:
- - Current project managers who have not yet become PMP certified but wish to do so.
- - New management employees who want to become knowledgeable about basic project management concepts to improve their overall management skills and professional value.
- - Other professionals want to become familiar with the expectations of the PMP role so that they can become PMP certified at a later date.
To take the PMP test, you have to apply to prove you have several years of documented experience in project management. The PMP certification is not for people looking for basic project management certifications unless they can prove that they have been actively involved in a number of projects over a long period of time. Alternatively, these people should pursue a CAPM certification.
Is PMP Training Worth It?
Project Management Professional training is worth the time and expense because it ensures that students are prepared for the PMP certification exam. The training and certification can greatly enhance the career paths taken by project managers. Here are some benefits to consider:
- PMP Certification is recognized worldwide. Some certifications are related to specific geographic areas or only within certain countries. PMI’s certification for project management, on the other hand, is globally recognized, opening the door for employment in many countries across the world.
- Sets candidates apart. Hiring managers and interviewers will look at a candidate with a PMP certification more positively than those without it when filling a project manager position.
- Shows dedication. Individuals who take the time and effort to attain PMP certification demonstrate a high level of commitment to their positions and the organizations they work for.
- Offers higher pay. Employees who have PMP certification typically earn higher average salaries than non-certified project managers. Project Management
Professional Training and Certification in the D.C. Area
TrainACE’s PMP boot camp in Maryland is available to anyone in the Washington, D.C. area. We prepare all of our students to successfully pass the PMP certification exam and earn their credentials. It’s our goal to provide the very best learning environment and experience for students. That’s why if during a class, a student is not satisfied, we ask that he or she brings it to our attention so we can make it right.
Who needs PMP Certification?
- - Project Manager
- - Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Administrator
- - Senior IT Project Manager
- - Director, Platform & Delivery Management
Skills and Concepts:
- - Initiate a Project
- - Execute Project Work
- - Plan Project Work
- - Monitor and Control Project Work
- - Develop Schedules, Cost Estimates, and Budgets
- - Monitor and Control Project Schedules and Costs
- - Plan Project Quality, Staffing, and Communications
- - Monitor and Control Project Quality, Staffing, and Communications
- - Analyze Risk and Plan Risk Response
- - Monitor and Control Project Risks and Contracts
- - Plan Project Procurement
- - Closing the Project