Why Take Access 2013 Intermediate Training?
Our Microsoft Access 2013 Intermediate training will expand your understanding of the basic principals and functions of Microsoft Access 2013 and give you a firmer footing in the implementation and use of relational databases.
In this Instructor Led Course (ILT) you will learn to normalize data, join tables while observing referential integrity, query multiple tables, format forms and reports, insert background images and charts; and create specialized objects such as lookup fields, subforms and subreports, navigation forms, and calculated fields.
Audience and Prerequisites:
Although there are no strict prerequisites for this course the typical student will have a basic understanding of Microsoft Access and database concepts. The course is ideal for anyone looking to maintain, create and query office databases, or who are starting out in a database administration career.
Microsoft Access 2013 Intermediate is one of several MS Office classes that will prepare you for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification.
Skills and Concepts:
Unit 1: Relational databases
- Topic A: Database normalization
- Topic B: Table relationships
- Topic C: Referential integrity
Unit 2: Related tables
- Topic A: Creating lookup fields
- Topic B: Modifying lookup fields
- Topic C: Subdatasheets
Unit 3: Complex queries
- Topic A: Joining tables in queries
- Topic B: Using calculated fields
- Topic C: Summarizing and grouping values
Unit 4: Advanced form design
- Topic A: Adding unbound controls
- Topic B: Graphics
- Topic C: Adding calculated values
- Topic D: Adding combo boxes
- Topic E: Advanced form types
Unit 5: Reports and printing
- Topic A: Report formatting
- Topic B: Calculated values and subreports
- Topic C: Printing
- Topic D: Label printing
Unit 6: Charts
- Topic A: Charts in forms
- Topic B: Charts in reports