(301) 220 2802
If you are looking to take your pentesting skills to the next level, EC-Councils Certified Penetration Tester (CPENT) certification will push your skills and knowledge to the limit. Our 40-hour Certified Penetration Tester training will prepare you for the exam, one of EC-Council's most challenging certifications.
Our CPENT training integrates live instructor-led sessions with utilizing EC-Councils' cyber ranges. You’ll be taught how to attack, exploit, evade, and defend enterprise network environments. We’ll teach you to build your own exploits as well as pentest OT, and IoT systems. You’ll learn to double pivot to access hidden networks, create your own tools, conduct advanced binaries exploitation, and customize scripts and exploits to get into the innermost segments of the network.
The goal of our CPENT program is to help you master pentest skills using live cyber ranges, enhanced through instructor-led training sessions.
For more information about your specific needs, call us at (301) 220 2802 or complete the form below:
Learn More About CPENT
The CPENT Cyber Range
The key to our CPENT Training is the unique mix of expert instruction combined with the use of EC-Council’s CPENT cyber ranges. These ranges are set up to replicate a contemporary enterprise network, with all the pentesting challenges that you would expect from EC-Council.
Learning in a live cyber range offers candidates a chance to experience real world situations. In this case the CPENT cyber range is set up with multiple layers of network segmentation, which our students will learn how to navigate. As the student accesses once segment they will have been taught how to use the latest pivoting techniques required to reach the next. As you explore the cyber range, you’ll discover the targets and segments are progressive in nature. Once you access one machine or segment, the range adapts to challenge you even more on the next one!
The dynamic nature of the CPENT practice and exam ranges mimic the real world with targets and technology continually changing. All while EC-Council engineers add new targets and defences throughout the CPENT course’s lifetime.
Why Take CPENT Training in Maryland or Virginia?
The threat landscape is constantly changing. As fast as software vendors patch their tools, cyber criminals are exposing new vulnerabilities. CPENT training addresses this issue using a dynamic cyber range that will push your new skills to the limit, including your ability to adapt to a changing environment.
The advantage of taking TrainACE’s CPENT training is that you will have an experienced instructor guiding you through the whole process, explaining tactics and teaching you new strategies for exposing vulnerabilities in an organizations IT infrastructure.
With so many government agencies, government contractors and military organizations headquartered around Washington DC there is a huge shortage of skilled pentesters in our region. So, if you’re looking for opportunities around Maryland, Virginia, or DC, this is a particularly great certification to add to your skillset.
Another benefit of taking CPENT training is that, depending on your skill level, you can attain two levels of certification. With a 70% score on the exam you become a Certified Penetration Testing Professional (CPENT), and if you score 90% or more you become a Licensed Penetration Master (LPT (Master)).
In our CPENT training you will learn advanced penetration testing skills including:
- Advanced Window Attacks
- Attacking IoT Systems
- Writing Exploits: Advanced Binaries Exploitation
- Bypassing a Filtered Network
- Pentesting Operational Technology (OT)
- Access Hidden Networks with Pivoting
- Double Pivoting
- Privilege Escalation
- Evading Defense Mechanisms
- Attack Automation with Scripts
- Build Your Armory: Weaponize Your Exploits
- Write Professional Reports
What are the Benefits of TrainACES’s CPENT Training and Certification?
- Our course is mapped to NIST’s NICE framework.
- Our class is a fully methodology-based penetration testing program.
- We combine automated and maual penetration testing methodologies.
- The CPENT cyber ranges we use are maintained by EC-Council experts who keep the ranges running with the most common penetration testing practices.
- The skills you will learn and test for map to all major pentest related roles.
- The training provides strong reporting writing guidance.
- We’ll ensure you have a real-world experience through an Advanced Penetration Testing Range.
- Our expert instructors will be right there to guide you through all elements of the CPENT experience.
- You’ll learn from some of the best cybersecurity instructors in the Washington DC region.
Who Needs CPENT Training?
Our CPENT training is aimed at helping ethical hackers and penetration testers advance thier skills, and prove they have what it takes to tease out vulnerabilities in live and dynmic environments. The training is also very beneficial to network administrators, firewall administrators, security testers, system administrators, risk assessment professionals, and anyone who is responsible for the security of IT environments.
CPENT TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS IS RECOMMENDED FOR:
- Ethical Hackers
- Penetration Testers
- Network server administrators
- Firewall Administrators
- Security Testers
- System Administrators and Risk Assessment professionals
What Jobs Can I Get With CPENT?
CPENT Certification opens a wide range of job opportunities and maps closely to the NIST NICE framework. As you start to offer your new skills and knowledge on the job market, you can expect to find roles including:
- Cyber threat analyst
- Cybersecurity Forensic Analyst
- Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- Cyber Security Engineer
- Application Security Analyst II
- Cyber Security Assurance Engineer
- Senior Information Assurance/Security Specialist
- Security Systems Analyst
- Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
- Penetration Tester
- Technical Operations Network Engineer
- IT Security Administrator
- Security Engineer
- Information Security Engineer
- Network Security Information Analyst
- Mid Level Penetration Tester
- IT Security Analyst III
- Junior Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
What Do You Need to Know Before Taking CPENT Training?
There are no specific prerequisites for the CPENT exam, but this is not an entry-level certification. We recommend that candidates for this training and certification have at least a couple of years experience in IT and cybersecurity, and have CEH certification or equivalent.
What Are the Exam Requirements For CPENT?
The CPENT exam is not for the faint hearted. This is a live, grueling, 24-hour online test of your abilities. The exam is remotely proctored, broken into two 12-hour practical exams. CPENT will test your perseverance and focus, pushing you to your pentesting limit.
As a CPENT candidate you can opt to take the two 12 hour exams, or one 24-hour exam.
If you score 70% or more on the tests you will earn the CPENT certification.
If you score 90% or more you will earn the coveted LPT (Master) credential.
What Skills Will I Learn Taking CPENT Training in Maryland?
- Module 01: Introduction to Penetration Testing
- Module 02: Penetration Testing Scoping and Engagement
- Module 03: Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)
- Module 04: Social Engineering Penetration Testing
- Module 05: Network Penetration Testing – External
- Module 06: Network Penetration Testing – Internal
- Module 07: Network Penetration Testing – Perimeter Devices
- Module 08: Web Application Penetration Testing
- Module 09: Wireless Penetration Testing
- Module 10: IoT Penetration Testing
- Module 11: OT/SCADA Penetration Testing
- Module 12: Cloud Penetration Testing
- Module 13: Binary Analysis and Exploitation
- Module 14: Report Writing and Post Testing Actions