|Greenbelt||Mon - Fri||06/17/2019||06/21/2019||8:30am - 5pm|
|Greenbelt||Mon - Fri||09/16/2019||09/20/2019||8:30am - 5pm|
|Greenbelt||Mon - Fri||10/28/2019||11/01/2019||8:30am - 5pm|
|Greenbelt||Mon - Fri||12/02/2019||12/06/2019||8:30am - 5pm|
Why Take CCNA Security Training?
Master core security technologies with our Cisco CCNA Security training! In our course, you’ll develop the necessary skills to become a verified security expert for Cisco networks. Learn to create a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks and mitigate security threats. Our course will help you develop the competency in the security technologies used by Cisco and will lay the foundation for use in today’s cyber security industry.
- Describe the fundamentals of networking security.
- Describe network infrastructure security concepts.
- Implement management plane security on Cisco IOS devices.
- Implement ACLs for threat mitigation.
- Implement data plane security on Cisco IOS devices.
- Configure threat control and containment measures.
- Configure security and NAT on Cisco ASA.
- Implement Cisco IOS IPS.
- Describe VPN technologies, PKI, and IPsec concepts.
- Implement VPNs and Cisco AnyConnect.
- Implement control plane security and additional data plane security features.
- Configure secure network management services and 802.1x port-based authentication.
This Cisco CCNA Security class at TrainACE features real world, hands-on lab time. The majority of the class involves live interaction with real network hardware that will be applied on the job as a network administrator. Our two training facilities are located in the Washington, D.C. metro area: Ashburn, VA and Greenbelt, MD.
Our CCNA Security course is designed for network security specialists, security administrators, and network security support engineers who are responsible for deploying and managing Cisco security products and features in a network infrastructure. Individuals should attend if their primary job responsibility is to secure a network from sophisticated threats.
This course is also designed for students who are seeking CCNA Security certification and who want to prepare for the Implementing Cisco Network Security (IINS) Exam 210-260.
CCNA Security Certification Requirements
One exam, the 210-260 IINS: Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security, is required for certificaion. Exam content focuses on the design, implementation, and monitoring of a comprehensive security policy, using Cisco IOS security features and technologies as examples.
Required Exam 210-260 IINS
- Maximum of 70 questions
- Time Length 90 minutes per Exam
- Format Multiple Choice, Drop and Drag, Fill in the Blank, Simulation, Testlet, and Simlet
Related Careers:TrainACE's CCNA Security training will prepare you for job roles including:
- Network Security Specialist
- Network Administrator
- Network Support Engineer
- Network Support Specialist
CCNA Security certification requires that candidates have some prior experience with Cisco. If you are looking to get started with Cisco, you should look at taking CCNA Switching & Routing first.
Skills and Concepts:
Lesson 1: Networking Security Fundamentals
- Topic A: Network Security Concepts
- Topic B: Security Policies Using a Life-Cycle Approach
- Topic C: Network Topologies
Lesson 2: Network Infrastructure Security
- Topic A: Introduction to Cisco NFP
- Topic B: Introduction to Control Plane Security
- Topic C: Introduction to Management Plane Security
- Topic D: Introduction to Data Plane Security
Lesson 3: Implementing Management Plane Security on Cisco IOS Devices
- Topic A: Secure Remote Access Using SSH
- Topic B: Configure Custom Privilege Levels and Views
- Topic C: Configure Cisco IOS and Key Network Services
Lesson 4: Implementing ACLs for Threat Mitigation
- Topic A: Implement ACLs Using CLI
- Topic B: Configure TCP Intercept and VACLs
Lesson 5: Implementing Data Plane Security on Cisco IOS Devices
- Topic A: Content and Endpoint Security
- Topic B: Configure VLANs, Trunks, and InterVLAN Routing
- Topic C: Implement Layer 2 Security
Lesson 6: Configuring Threat Control and Containment Measures
- Topic A: Fundamentals of Firewalls
- Topic B: Implement Zone-Based Policy Firewalls Using Cisco IOS
Lesson 7: Configuring Security and NAT on Cisco ASA
- Topic A: Configure ASA
- Topic B: Implement NAT and PAT
Lesson 8: Implementing Cisco IOS IPS
- Topic A: Fundamentals of IPS
- Topic B: Configure Cisco IOS IPS
- Topic C: Verify Cisco IOS IPS Configuration
Lesson 9: VPN Technologies, PKI, and IPsec
- Topic A: Fundamentals of VPN Technologies
- Topic B: Fundamentals of PKI
- Topic C: Fundamentals of IPsec
Lesson 10: Implementing VPNs and Cisco AnyConnect
- Topic A: Implement Site-to-Site VPNs on Cisco IOS Routers
- Topic B: Implement SSL VPNs Using the Cisco ASA Appliance
- Topic C: Implement Cisco AnyConnect Using the Cisco ASA Device Manager
Lesson 11: Implementing Control Plane Security and Additional Data Plane Security Features
- Topic A: Configure Control Plane Security on Cisco IOS Devices
- Topic B: Configure Control Plane Policing on Cisco IOS CLI
- Topic C: Additional Data Plane Security Concepts
- Topic D: Implement Policy-Based NAT on a Cisco ASA Appliance
Lesson 12: Configuring Secure Network Management Service and 802.1x Port-Based Authentication
- Topic A: Configure Secure Network Management Services
- Topic B: Configure 802.1x Port-Based Authentication