Why Take Excel 2013 Intermediate:
This Instructor-Led Training course will expand students knowledge of basic Excel concepts and teach them how to work with large worksheets in Microsoft Excel 2013 efficiently. It will introduce students to more advanced formatting techniques, such as applying special number formats, using workbook styles and themes, adding backgrounds, and mimicking watermarks.
Also, students will learn how to create outlines and subtotals, and how to create and apply cell names. They will sort and filter data, and create and format tables. They will learn how to save workbooks as Web pages, how to insert and edit hyperlinks, and how to share workbooks via email.
Students will learn how to audit worksheets for errors, how to protect worksheets, how to share and merge workbooks, and track changes in a workbook. Finally, students will customize the Excel environment, and create and modify custom templates.
Audience and Prerequisites:
There are no specific prerequisites for this course although students who have taken our Microsoft Excel 2013 Basic course or who have equivalent experience will find learning the intermediate concepts in this training a little easier.
Microsoft Excel 2013 Intermediate is one of several MS Office classes that will prepare you for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification.
Skills and Concepts:
Unit 1: Managing workbooks and worksheets
- Topic A: Viewing large worksheets
- Topic B: Printing large worksheets
- Topic C: Working with multiple worksheets
- Topic D: Linking worksheets with 3-D formulas
- Topic E: Using multiple workbooks
- Topic F: Linking workbooks
Unit 2: Advanced formatting
- Topic A: Using special number formats
- Topic B: Working with themes
- Topic C: Other advanced formatting
Unit 3: Outlining and subtotals
- Topic A: Outlining and consolidating data
- Topic B: Creating subtotals
Unit 4: Cell and range names
- Topic A: Creating and using names
- Topic B: Managing names
Unit 5: Data structure and tables
- Topic A: Sorting and filtering data
- Topic B: Working with tables
Unit 6: Web and sharing features
- Topic A: Saving workbooks as Web pages
- Topic B: Using hyperlinks
- Topic C: Sharing workbooks
Unit 7: Documenting and auditing
- Topic A: Auditing features
- Topic B: Comments in cells and workbooks
- Topic C: Protection
- Topic D: Workgroup collaboration
Unit 8: Application settings and templates
- Topic A: Application settings
- Topic B: Working with templates