Why Take Access 2013 Basic:
This Instructor Led Training (ILT) Series course covers the basic skills and concepts students need in order to use Microsoft Access 2013 productively and efficiently.
After an introduction to the Access 2013 environment, students will learn how to plan databases and create tables. Then they will learn to organize fields and records, and to work with data entry rules. They will learn how to create basic queries, and how to work with forms and reports.
Audience and Prerequisites
This is an entry level course and is suitable for anyone who wishes to learn database basics. Access 2013 is a very visual and easy to use tool which is great for anyone looking to move into database administration in the long term.
Microsoft Access 2013 Basic is one of several MS Office classes that will prepare you for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification.
Skills and Concepts:
Unit 1: Getting started
- Topic A: Database Concepts
- Topic B: Exploring the Access environment
Unit 2: Databases and tables
- Topic A: Planning and designing databases
- Topic B: Exploring tables
- Topic C: Creating tables
Unit 3: Fields and records
- Topic A: Changing the design of a table
- Topic B: Finding and editing records
- Topic C: Organizing records
Unit 4: Data Entry rules
- Topic A: Setting field properties
- Topic B: Working with input masks
- Topic C: Setting validation rules
Unit 5: Basic queries
- Topic A: Creating and using queries
- Topic B: Modifying query results and queries
- Topic C: Performing operations in queries
Unit 6: Using forms
- Topic A: Creating forms
- Topic B: Using Design view
- Topic C: Sorting and filtering records
Unit 7: Working with reports
- Topic A: Creating reports
- Topic B: Modifying and printing reports