(301) 220 2802
Are you struggling to get to grips with your new computer? Then we have a class just for you.
Our Introduction to Personal Computers class is a one day exploration of Microsoft Windows and the essential tools you'll need to make the most of your new computer. Our expert instructor will guide you step-by-step through the basics important skills such as configuring Microsoft Windows, creating and managing folders, setting up printers, and how to get started with desktop applications like email, the internet, and word processing.
This class is ideal for beginners. Our friendly and knowledgeable instructors will teach you the skills you need, and give you the confidence you need to make the best use of your computer
For more information about your specific needs, call us at (301) 220 2802 or complete the form below:
Why Take the Introduction to Personal Computers Class in Maryland?
From online banking to keeping in touch with our families, computers have become such an essential part of our lives that not knowing how to use one can have a very negative affect on our lives. Our Introduction to Personal Computers class is designed for beginners who want to get to grips with computer basics.
Our friendly and experienced instructors will give you the confidence you need to get started. We'll teach you how to set your computer up, and how to access and use the apps you'll need on a regular basis.
During this hands-on class you'll learn how to:
- Start up a Microsoft Windows based computer and navigate the menus
- Use desktop applications like word processors and email
- Use folders to organize your documents
- Set up printers and other devices
- Manage your passwords and secure you computer
Signup today for our convenient 1-day Computer Fundamentals boot camp!
What You Need to Know Before Taking Introduction to Personal Computers
This class is aimed at beginners, there are no prerequisites
What Are the Benefits of taking the Introduction to Personal Computers class?
Technology has become such an essential part of everyones lives that not having basic computer skills can put you at a big disadvantage, both professionally and personally. Taking a class like ours will give you the skills and confidence to fully participate in the world, making it easier to share and communicate with your colleagues and family.
What will I learn in this Introduction to Personal Computers class?
Lesson 1: Accessing Windows 10
- Topic A: Get Started with Windows 10
- Topic B: Navigate the Windows 10 Desktop
- Topic C: Use the Start Menu
Lesson 2: Using Windows Universal Apps and Desktop Applications
- Topic A: Use Desktop Applications
- Topic B: Use Windows Universal Apps
- Topic C: Multitask with Open Apps
- Topic D: Install Apps from the Windows Store
Lesson 3: Working with Files and Folders
- Topic A: Manage Files and Folders with File Explorer
- Topic B: Store and Share Files with OneDrive
Lesson 4: Using Cortana and Edge
- Topic A: Get to Know Cortana
- Topic B: Use Cortana as a Personal Assistant
- Topic C: Browse the Web with Edge
Lesson 5: Customizing the Windows 10 Environment
- Topic A: Customize the Start Menu
- Topic B: Customize the Desktop and Lock Screen
Lesson 6: Installing and Removing Devices
- Topic A: Manage Printers
- Topic B: Manage Peripheral Devices
Lesson 7: Using Windows 10 Security Features
- Topic A: Manage Passwords and Privacy Levels
- Topic B: Use Windows Defender