(301) 220 2802
Go beyond the technical and learn the real-world application, implementation and innovation. Our Certified Information Security Officer (CCISO) training in DC will teach you how to apply information security management principles from an executive management point of view, cultivating the information security leaders of tomorrow.
Created by IT certification leader EC-Council, this training is the definitive body of knowledge for current and aspiring CISOs. You’ll learn how to define, implement, manage and maintain an information security governance program and understand the enterprise program behind it.
For more information about your specific needs, call us at (301) 220 2802 or complete the form below:
Learn More About CCISO Certification in Washington DC
Why Take CCISO Certification?
Go beyond the technical and learn real-world application, implementation and innovation with Certified Information Security Officer training. CCISO training teaches individuals how to apply information security management principles from an executive management point of view, cultivating the information security leaders of tomorrow. Created by IT certification leader EC-Council, this training is the definitive body of knowledge for current and aspiring CISOs. You’ll learn how to define, implement, manage and maintain an information security governance program and understand the enterprise program behind it. You'll learn all this from one of our convenient classrooms in Maryland or Virginia.
What is CCISO Certification?
The CCISO Certification is a credential that is awarded to candidates who pass the certification exam by the EC-Council. The Certified Chief Information Security Officer training and certification is geared toward IT professionals who are already working in the industry. This certification focuses on more than just the technical knowledge and skills of students; it also includes candidate’s ability to apply information security (IS) management principles from the point-of-view of executive management. The certification requires that candidates are proficient in five different domains, including:
- • Governance and Risk Management
- • Information Security Controls, Compliance, and Audit Management
- • Security Program Management and Operations
- • Information Security Core Competencies
- • Strategic Planning, finance, Procurement, and Vendor Management
Students who want to become CISO certified by taking the exam must be able to show that they possess five years of information security management work experience, including working in three of the above five domains.
Is the CCISO Certification Worth It in Washington, DC?
The information technology industry as a whole is understaffed, making IT and IS professionals very much in demand. There are currently more open IT positions in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia than there are qualified candidates to fill them. CISO-credentialed professionals are especially in demand because those candidates have demonstrated knowledge and skills in both the technical and executive management realms.
In addition to the abundance of IT roles that are available, CCISO certified professionals earn a healthy salary – especially in the Washington, DC metro area. In fact, according to Salary.com, Certified Chief Information Security Officers in that area earn an average of $249,370 per year, from companies like Barclay Simpson, Allied Universal, and The U.S. Department of Defense.
What Does a CISO Do in Washington, DC?
The Chief Information Security Officer is primarily the head of the IT department of a company. It’s considered an executive level position that is responsible for overseeing the creating, implementing, managing, and protecting a company’s technology assets and sensitive data. CISOs have to possess soft skills as well, including excellent leadership and communication skills.
CISOs are responsible for overseeing various projects and high-level initiatives that involve the technology security aspects of the organization. It’s common for those in the CISO role to work with government agencies, law enforcement, and even the FBI on corporate security issues.
What you need to know before taking CCISO training
CCISO training is ideal for current and aspiring CISOs, as the information presented will be most relevant to their career paths.
Popular job titles for certification holders include:
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Director of IT Security Compliance
- Senior Director of IT Security Operations
- VP of Information Security
Exam and Certification Requirements:
Individuals who wish to take the CCISO exam must complete the Exam Eligibility Application in order to prove they possess five years of information security management experience in three of the five CCISO Domains. Applicants who do not meet these requirements have the option of sitting for the EC-Council Information Security Manager (E|ISM) exam as part of the Associate CCISO Program.
The exam is a 4-hour, 250-question multiple choice exam. Individuals are required to pass the exam with at least a 70 percent score. All students who take CCISO training at TrainACE will receive an exam voucher.
Who needs CCISO Certification?
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Senior Security Analyst
Skills and Concepts:
- Governance (Compliance, Legal & Policy)
- IS Management Controls & Auditing Management
- Management — Projects & Operations (Projects, Technology & Operations)
- Information Security Core Concepts
- Strategic Planning & Finance
Additional Stats and Facts
- CCISO (Certified Chief Information Security Officer) certification is designed for senior-level security executives to validate their expertise in information security governance and management.
- The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification is the industry gold standard, with over 150,000 credential holders globally.
- Over 80,000 information technology and security professionals hold the CompTIA Security+ certification, validating their skills in risk management, security architecture, and operational security.
- EC-Council offers over 30 cybersecurity and IT certification programs including the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) training and exam.
- TrainACE is a global training provider for cybersecurity certifications like CISSP, CISM, CCSP and more.
- CompTIA offers vendor-neutral IT certifications like Network+, Security+ and Cloud+ to help professionals prove hands-on skills.
These statistics highlight some of the most prominent cybersecurity roles, certifications, and training programs to consider for building a career in the field.