|Greenbelt||Tues - Fri||02/19/2019||02/22/2019||8:30am - 5pm|
|Greenbelt||Tues - Fri||04/09/2019||04/12/2019||8:30am - 5pm|
|Greenbelt||Mon - Thurs||06/03/2019||06/06/2019||8:30am - 5pm|
|Greenbelt||Tues - Fri||09/03/2019||09/06/2019||8:30am - 5pm|
Why You Should Take RMF/CAP Training:
This RMF/CAP course is designed for the information security practitioner who champions system security commensurate with an organization’s mission and risk tolerance, while meeting legal and regulatory requirements. It conceptually mirrors the NIST system authorization process in compliance with the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-130, Appendix III. Led by an (ISC)² authorized instructor, the CAP training seminar provides a comprehensive review of information systems security concepts and industry best practices, covering the 7 domains of the CAP.
Several types of activities are used throughout the course to reinforce topics and increase knowledge retention. These activities include open-ended questions from the instructor to the students, group assignments, matching and poll questions, group activities, open/closed questions, and group discussions. Each activity was developed to support the learning appropriate to the course topic.
This training course will help candidates review and refresh their information security knowledge and help identify areas they need to study for the CAP exam and features:
- Approved (ISC)² courseware
- Taught by an authorized (ISC)² instructor
- Student handbook
- Collaboration with classmates
- Real-world learning activities and scenarios
Recommended Training Audience
Training is recommended for Managers, system owners and IT/security personnel that are either transitioning to or implementing risk management fundamentals for the first time.
RMF/CAP Exam and Certification Requirements:
Candidates take a 3 hour exam consisting of 125 multi-choice questions. Candidates must score a minimum of 700 out of 1000 points to pass.
- Network Application Devloper
- Security Operations Technician
- Cybersecurity Compliance Analyst
- Security Analyst
Skills and Concepts:
- Risk Management Process & Framework
- Information Security, FISMA, C&A
- System Identification (SIP)
- Risk & Its Relation to Threat, Vulnerability & Control Relationships
- Assessment & Accreditation Process
- Configuration Management
- Security Assessment and Authorization