Training for DoD 8570 Directive
ACE Offers training classes that can help you prepare for and become compliant with the DoD Directive 8570, Information Assurance certification.
What is the DoD 8570.01-M?
The DoD 8570 is also known as the Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program.
The Department of Defense passed a regulation stating that all Information Assurance personnel must become compliant with the mandated IT and Security certification standards within a certain time frame. There are various levels of compliance based on the level of job function. The most common certifications included in the DoD Directive 8570.01 include A+, Network+, Security+ and CISSP. The actual DoD Directive can be found here: http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/857001m.pdf
In summary, the Directive’s objectives are:
- Establish standards where Information Assurance (IA) personnel obtain a uniform level of competency with regard to DoD information and networks.
- Standardize the minimum skill level for all Information Assurance personnel throughout the DoD
- Provide qualified IA Workforce members to the soldiers that need them
- Creation of a set of formal training requirements and establishment of certification programs
- Increase the knowledge base of every IA Workforce team member through education and / or experience
DoD 8570 Chart
There are various levels of compliance based on the level of job function. Below is the chart that outlines the DoD 8570 certification requirements by job level.
Training for the DoD Directive 8570
Part of the regulation is that the agency will help pay for training in preparation for the certifications. We are an approved school to offer training for this Directive and we offer regular open enrollment classes in:
DoD 8570 Training Pricing Structures
Contact us for more information about group or multiple enrollment training for the DoD 8570 certification exams. Group discounted rates are available.
In addition to our open enrollment schedule, we also offer on-site corporate classes for your organization or group.
Regular pricing applies to single open enrollments for A+/Network+, Security+ or CISSP. However, the GSA discount is available if paid by a GSA purchase card or other GSA arrangement.