TrainACE offers SSCP training at our two locations in Greenbelt, MD and Ashburn, VA.
The Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) course is ideal for those seeking the SSCP certification or preparing to find a position as a network administrator or a security administrator. This course is focused on several domains, including access controls, administration, auditing and monitoring risk, response and recovery, cryptography, data communication, and malicious code/malware. This course will provide students with virtual interactive lab environments to practice in.
The SSCP course will prepare students to take the SSCP certification exam. Through lectures, reading assignments and a variety of labs and assessments, students will master key security concepts and thoroughly understand all of the SSCP objectives. This program includes hands-on activities and students will take away real knowledge and skills that they can apply in interviews and on the job, giving them a strong advantage in the industry.
This certification course, SSCP – Systems Security Certified Practitioner Training, meets the requirements for DoD Directive 8140 – Cyberspace Workforce Management, and will prepare you to become compliant with this DoD Directive.
SSCP Training in Maryland and Virginia
TrainACE runs SSCP training at our two training locations in Greenbelt, MD and Ashburn, VA. The Systems Security Certified Practitioner is a premier security certification offered by (ISC)². Our hands-on SSCP training course will provide students with the information security knowledge and skills needed to be sucessful in IT operational roles.
Classroom-Based Training Cost: $2,495 Per Enrollment
Self-Paced Online Training
If you're unable to attend our classroom based SSCP training course at one of our locations in Maryland or Virginia, TrainACE offers you self-paced online training. All of the online courseware follows authorized curriculum and will get you on the fast track to gaining the SSCP certification!
Our SCCP Self-Paced online training includes the following features:
- Interactive & explanatory instruction & lectures
- User-friendly interface with comprehensive course curriculum
- Step-by-step instructional videos
- Live, virtual lab environment(s)
- Toll-Free Educational Support
- Money-Back Guarantee
Custom Training for Your Organization
Is a Custom Class Right?? Not sure. Tell us about your training needs, your ideal start-date, your location preference, your unique set of challenges and the expected outcome, and we will develop a customized training course proposal targeted to the specific needs of your staff within your scheduling constraints! We will gladly do this quickly and free of any obligation.
Topics & Concepts Covered in SSCP Training Include:
- Access Controls
- Analysis and Monitoring
- Malicious Code
- Networks and Telecommunications
- Risk, Response, and Recovery
- Security Operations and Administration
- Understand the different Access Control systems and how they should be implemented to protect the system and data using the different levels of confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Understand the processes necessary for working with management and information owners, custodians, and users so that proper data classifications are defined. This will ensure the proper handling of all hard copy and electronic information as it is applied by the Security Operations and Administration.
- The Risk Identification, Monitoring, and Analysis Domain identifies how to identify, measure, and control losses associated with adverse events. You will review, measure, and control losses associated with adverse events. You will review, analyze, select, and evaluate safeguards for mitigating risk.
- Identify how to handle Incident Response and Recovery using consistent, applied approaches including the use of the Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) concepts in order to mitigate damages, recover business operations, and avoid critical business interruption; and emergency response and post-disaster recovery.
- Identify and differentiate key cryptographic concepts and how to apply them, implement secure protocols, key management concepts, key administration and validation, and Public Key Infrastructure as is applies to securing communications in the presence of third parties.
- Define and identify the Networks and Communications Security needed to secure network structure, data transmission methods, transport formats, and the security measures used to maintain integrity, availability, authentication, and confidentiality of the information being transmitted.
- The Systems and Application Security section identifies and defines technical and non-technical attacks and how an organization can protect itself from these attacks including the concepts in endpoint device security, cloud infrastructure security, securing big data systems, and securing virtual environments.
Recommended Training Audience and Prerequisites
The SSCP certification is ideal for those with proven technical skills and practical security knowledge in hands-on operational IT roles. The certification is recommended for those working in or towards positions such as:
- Network Security Engineer
- Systems/Network Administrator
- Security Analyst
- Systems Engineer
- Security Consultant/Specialist
- Security Administrator
- Systems/Network Analyst
- Database Administrator