|20703-1 Administering System Center Configuration Manager||Mon - Fri||02/11/2019||02/15/2019||8:30am - 5pm|
|20703-1 Administering System Center Configuration Manager||Mon - Fri||05/13/2019||05/17/2019||8:30am - 5pm|
Why You Should Take 20703-1Training:
Our instructor-led course 20703-1 Administering System Center Configuration Manager is a hands-on training course where we teach you how to use Configuration Manager and its associated site systems to efficiently manage network resources. Our certified instructors will guide you through day-to-day management tasks, including how to manage applications, client health, hardware and software inventory, operating system deployment, and software updates by using Configuration Manager. You'll also learn how to optimize System Center Endpoint Protection, manage compliance, and create management queries and reports.
Our focus on practical, hands-on teaching will ensure that you not only have the technical understanding of Configuration Manager but will have the practical experience to be able to apply your newly learned skills in the real world.After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain features included in Configuration Manager and Intune, and communicate the ways these features are used to manage PCs and mobile devices in an enterprise environment.
- Analyze data using queries and reports.
- Set up a management infrastructure.
- Implement and administer the Configuration Manager client.
- Set up, manage, and monitor hardware and software inventory, and use Asset Intelligence and software metering.
- Identify and configure the most appropriate method to distribute and manage content used for deployments.
- Share, implement, and monitor applications for managed users and systems.
- Maintain software updates for PCs that Configuration Manager manages.
- Implement Endpoint Protection for managed PCs.
- Manage configuration items, baselines, and profiles to assess and configure compliance settings and data access for users and devices.
- Configure an operating-system deployment strategy by using Configuration Manager.
- Manage and maintain a Configuration Manager site.
Audience profile and prerequisites:
The TrainACE 20703-1 Administering System Center Configuration Manager training course is intended for experienced IT professionals, typically described as Enterprise Desktop Administrators (EDAs). If you are familiar with implementing, managing, and maintaining PCs, devices, and applications across medium to enterprise organizations then you could benefit from this course.
You should be familiar with networking fundamentals (including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing), Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
You should also have a basic understanding of public key infrastructure (PKI) security, scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax, Windows Server roles and services and have a basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile device platforms.If you have completed the following courses or have similar experience you can benefit from this training:
- Course 20697-1: Installing and Configuring Windows 10
- Course 20697-2: Deploying and Managing Windows 10 Using Enterprise Services
- Course 20411: Administering Windows Server 2012
This course will prepare you for the 70-703: Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Cloud Services Integration certifications exam.
Courses 20703-1A and 20703-2A, or equivalent knowledge and skills, are necessary to prepare for this exam.
Skills and Concepts:
Module 1: Managing computers and mobile devices in the enterprise
- Overview of systems management by using enterprise management solutions
- Overview of the Configuration Manager architecture
- Overview of the Configuration Manager administrative tools
- Tools for monitoring and troubleshooting a Configuration Manager site
Lab : Exploring the Configuration Manager tools
- Searching in the Configuration Manager console
- Using Windows PowerShell with Configuration Manager
- Using Configuration Manager Service Manager to manage components
- Monitoring site and component status
- Reviewing log files by using the Configuration Manager Trace tool
- Explain how to use Configuration Manager to address the challenges of managing systems and users in today’s enterprise.
- Describe the Configuration Manager architecture.
- Describe the management tools that you use to perform administrative functions for Configuration Manager.
- Describe the tools that you use to monitor and troubleshoot a Configuration Manager site.
Module 2: Analyzing data using queries and reports
- Introduction to queries
- Configuring Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Lab : Creating and running queriesConfiguring boundaries and resource discovery
- Creating data queries
- Creating subselect queries
- Creating status message queries
Lab : Configuring SSRS
- Configuring a reporting services point
- Creating a report by using Report Builder
- Create and configure data and status message queries.
- Configure and manage SSRS and the reporting services point.
Module 3: Preparing the management infrastructure to support PCs and mobile devices
- Configuring site boundaries and boundary groups
- Configuring resource discovery
- Configuring the Exchange Server Connector for mobile device management
- Configuring user and device collections
Lab : Configuring boundaries and resource discovery
- Configuring boundaries, boundary groups, and fallback relationships
- Configuring Active Directory discovery methods
Lab : Configuring user and device collections
- Creating a device collection
- Creating a user collection
- Configuring a maintenance window
- Configure boundaries and boundary groups.
- Configure resource discovery.
- Configure the Exchange Server connector mobile device management.
- Organize resources using device and user collections.
Module 4: Deploying and managing clients
- Overview of the Configuration Manager client
- Deploying the Configuration Manager client
- Configuring and monitoring client status
- Managing client settings in Configuration Manager
Lab : Deploying the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager client software
- Preparing the site for client installation
- Deploying the Configuration Manager client software by using client push installation
Lab : Configuring and monitoring client status
- Configuring and monitoring client health status
Lab : Managing client settings
- Configuring client settings
- Describe the requirements and considerations for installing the Configuration Manager client software.
- Deploy the Configuration Manager client software.
- Configure and monitor client status.
- Manage Configuration Manager client settings.
Module 5: Managing inventory for PCs and applications
- Overview of inventory collection
- Configuring hardware and software inventory
- Managing inventory collection
- Configuring software metering
- Configuring and managing Asset Intelligence
Lab : Configuring and managing inventory collection
- Configuring and managing hardware inventory
Lab : Configuring software metering
- Configuring software metering
Lab : Configuring and managing Asset Intelligence
- Preparing the site for Asset Intelligence
- Configuring Asset Intelligence
- Monitoring license agreements by using Asset Intelligence
- Viewing Asset Intelligence reports
- Describe inventory collection.
- Configure and collect hardware and software inventory.
- Manage inventory collection.
- Configure software metering.
- Configure Asset Intelligence.
Module 6: Distributing and managing content used for deployments
- Preparing the infrastructure for content management
- Distributing and managing content on distribution points
Lab : Distributing and managing content for deployments
- Installing a new distribution point.
- Managing content distribution.
- Prepare the infrastructure for content management.
- Distribute and manage content on distribution points.
Module 7: Deploying and managing applications
- Overview of application management
- Creating applications
- Deploying applications
- Managing applications
- Deploying virtual applications by using System Center Configuration Manager (Optional)
- Deploying and managing Windows Store apps
Lab : Creating and deploying applications
- Installing and configuring the Application Catalog roles
- Creating applications with requirements
- Deploying applications
Lab : Managing application supersedence and removal
- Managing application supersedence
- Uninstalling the Excel Viewer application
Lab : Deploying virtual applications by using Configuration Manager (Optional)
- Configuring support for App-V
- Deploying virtual applications
Lab : Using Configuration Manager to deploy Windows Store apps
- Configuring support for sideloading Windows Store apps
- Configuring a Windows Store app
- Deploying Windows 10 apps to users
- Describe the application management features of Configuration Manager.
- Create applications.
- Deploy applications.
- Manage applications.
- Configure and deploy virtual applications.
- Configure and deploy Windows Store apps.
Module 8: Maintaining software updates for managed PCs
- The software updates process
- Preparing a Configuration Manager site for software updates
- Managing software updates
- Configuring automatic deployment rules
- Monitoring and troubleshooting software updates
Lab : Configuring the site for software updates
- Configuring and synchronizing the software update point
Lab : Deploying and managing software updates
- Determining software update compliance
- Deploying software updates to clients
- Configuring automatic deployment rules
- Describe how the software updates feature integrates with Configuration Manager.
- Prepare the Configuration Manager site for software updates.
- Manage the evaluation and deployment of software updates.
- Configure automatic deployment rules.
- Monitor and troubleshoot software updates.
Module 9: Implementing Endpoint Protection for managed PCs
- Overview of Endpoint Protection in Configuration Manager
- Configuring, deploying, and monitoring Endpoint Protection policies
Lab : Implementing Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection
- Configuring the System Center Endpoint Protection point and client settings
- Configuring and deploying Endpoint Protection policies
- Monitoring Endpoint Protection
- Configure Endpoint Protection to detect and remediate malware and security vulnerabilities.
- Configure, deploy, and manage Endpoint Protection policies.
Module 10: Managing compliance and secure data access
- Overview of Compliance Settings
- Configuring compliance settings
- Viewing compliance results
- Managing resource and data access
Lab : Managing compliance settings
- Managing configuration items and baselines
- Viewing compliance settings and reports
- Configuring remediation in compliance settings
- Using compliance information to create collections
- Describe compliance settings features.
- Configure compliance settings.
- View compliance results.
- Manage resource and data access.
Module 11: Managing operating system deployment
- An overview of operating system deployment
- Preparing a site for operating system deployment
- Deploying an operating system
- Managing Windows as a service
Lab : Preparing thea site for operating -system deployment
- Managing the site system roles used to support operating system deployment
- Managing packages to support operating system deployment
Lab : Deploying operating -system images for bare-metal installations
- Preparing the operating system image
- Creating a task sequence to deploy an image
- Deploying an image
- Describe the terminology, components, and scenarios used to deploy operating systems by using Configuration Manager.
- Describe how to prepare a site for operating system deployment.
- Describe the process used to deploy an operating system image.
Module 12: Managing and maintaining a Configuration Manager site
- Configuring role-based administration
- Configuring Remote Tools
- Overview of Configuration Manager site maintenance
- Backing up and recovering a Configuration Manager site
Lab : Configuring role-based administration
- Configuring a new scope for Toronto administrators
- Configuring a new administrative user
Lab : Configuring Remote Tools
- Configuring the Remote Tools client settings and permissions
- Managing desktops by using Remote Control
Lab : Maintaining a Configuration Manager site
- Configuring maintenance tasks in Configuration Manager
- Configuring the Backup Site Server task
- Recovering a site from a backup
- Configure role-based administration.
- Configure Remote Tools to support client activity.
- Identify Configuration Manager site Maintenance tasks.
- Back up and recover a Configuration Manager site.