The majority of businesses use Windows systems to host their networks. Malware authors know this and constantly attempt to exploit Windows systems at all times. This means there’s a tremendous amount of responsibility for security professionals to employ the highest skill set possible in order to ensure safeguarding of highly sensitive data. Because Windows systems are constantly changing, it is important for security professionals to maintain a firm grasp on the security principles that guide Windows systems.
In the self-paced, online class, students will gain hands-on experience in the configuring and managing security on Windows server 2008 and 2008 R2. Topics range from authentication, encryption, access controls, application rules, and Group Policy objects.
Microsoft Windows Security Essentials Primary Objectives include:
- Ability to explain and understand security features of the Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Implementation of secure access controls when setting up Microsoft Windows in a given organization.
- Configure encryption to secure a Windows environment in a given organization.
- Definition and application of Group Policy in Microsoft Windows.
In this self-paced online Microsoft Windows Security Essentials class you will have access to:
- Interactive & explanatory instruction & lectures
- User-friendly interface with comprehensive course curriculum
- Step-by-step instructional video with attacks & security
- Live, virtual lab environment for you to experiment on real equipment as you learn*