|Greenbelt||Mon - Fri||05/20/2019||05/24/2019||8:30am - 5pm|
|Greenbelt||Mon - Fri||08/19/2019||08/23/2019||8:30am - 5pm|
Why Take CCNP SWITCH Training?
CCNP SWITCH training is one of three training courses that will help prepare you for the Cisco CCNP certification exam. This course will provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to plan, configure and verify the implementation of complex enterprise switching solutions using Cisco’s Campus Enterprise Architecture. In this course, you will implement switching solutions in a Cisco environment that are also securely integrated with VLANs.In this course, you will:
- Describe the basic features of campus network structure and switch operations.
- Work with SDM templates.
- Configure LLDP, CDP, and UDLD.
- Describe the features of switch virtualization and authentication.
- Configure VLANs and trunk links.
- Configure VTP and EtherChannels.
- Configure SPAN and RSPAN.
- Configure infrastructure security.
- Implement first hop redundancy protocol.
- Work with Spanning Tree Protocol.
- Configure Rapid and Multiple Spanning Tree Protocols.
- Configure spanning tree enhancements.
- Configure multilayer switching and routing.
- Secure VLANs.
Audience and Prerequisites:This course is designed for network security specialists, security administrators, and network security support engineers who are responsible for deploying and managing Cisco switching solutions in a network infrastructure. Individuals should attend if their primary job responsibility is to handle and secure the switch configuration of their organization’s network that uses the Cisco Enterprise Campus Architecture.
This course is also designed for students who are seeking Cisco CCNP and CCDP certifications and who want to prepare for Implementing Cisco IP Switched Networks (SWITCH) Exam 300-115.
Required Exam 300-115 Switch
- Maximum of 40 questions
- Time Length 120 minutes per Exam
- Format Multiple Choice, Drop and Drag, Fill in the Blank, Simulation, Testlet, and Simlet
TrainACE's CCNP training will prepare you for job roles including:
- Network Administrator
- Senior Network Engineer
- Network Manager
- Cisco Network Engineer
Skills and Concepts:
Lesson 1: Overview of Campus Network Structure and Switch Operations
- Topic A: Introduction to Campus Network Structure
- Topic B: Introduction to Layer 2 and Layer 3 Switch Operations
Lesson 2: Working with SDM Templates
- Topic A: Configure SDM Templates
- Topic B: Configure the CAM Table
- Topic C: Troubleshoot Err Disable
Lesson 3: Configuring LLDP, CDP, and UDLD
- Topic A: Configure LLDP and CDP
- Topic B: Configure UDLD
Lesson 4: Overview of Switch Virtualization and Authentication
- Topic A: Introduction to Switch Virtualization
- Topic B: Introduction to Switch Authentication
Lesson 5: Configuring VLANs and Trunk Links
- Topic A: Configure VLANs
- Topic B: Configure Trunk Links
Lesson 6: Configuring VTP and EtherChannels
- Topic A: Configure VTP
- Topic B: Configure EtherChannels
Lesson 7: Configuring SPAN and RSPAN
- Topic A: Configure a SPAN Port
- Topic B: Configure RSPAN
Lesson 8: Configuring Infrastructure Security
- Topic A: Configure ARP Inspection and DHCP Snooping
- Topic B: Secure Interfaces from Unknown Connections
- Topic C: Configure Private VLANs
- Topic D: Configure Storm Controls
Lesson 9: Implementing First Hop Redundancy Protocol
- Topic A: Configure HSRP
- Topic B: Configure VRRP
- Topic C: Configure GLBP
Lesson 10: Working with Spanning Tree Protocol
- Topic A: Configure STP
- Topic B: Tune STP Timers
Lesson 11: Configuring Rapid and Multiple Spanning Tree Protocols
- Topic A: Configure RSTP
- Topic B: Configure MST
Lesson 12: Configuring Spanning Tree Enhancements
- Topic A: Overview of Spanning Tree Enhancements
- Topic B: Protect Spanning Tree
Lesson 13: Configuring Multilayer Switching and Routing
- Topic A: Configure Multilayer Switching
- Topic B: Configure Routing with an External Router
Lesson 14: Securing VLANs
- Topic A: Overview of Securing VLAN Trunks
- Topic B: Configure VACLs to Secure VLANs