The VOW to Hire Heroes Act of 2011 was recently passed by Congress to provide assistance for unemployed Veterans.
The Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP) will provide 12 months of training assistance equal to approximately $1,473 per month. Participants must be enrolled in a program approved for VA benefits that is offered by a community college or technical school. The program must lead to an Associate Degree, Non-College Degree, or a Certificate.
To qualify, a Veteran must:
• Be at least 35 but no more than 60 years old
• Be unemployed on the day of application
• Have an other than dishonorable discharge
• Not be eligible for any other VA education benefit program (e.g.: the Post-9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill, Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Assistance)
• Not be in receipt of VA compensation due to unemployability
• Not be enrolled in a federal or state job training program
• Pursue a program that leads to employment in a high demand occupation
The program is limited to 45,000 participants between July 1, 2012, and September 30, 2012, and an additional 54,000 participants from October 1, 2012, through March 31, 2014.
**Applications will be accepted beginning May 15, 2012.**
For more details, please visit The Department of Veterans Affairs website by clicking HERE.
Classes that are eligible for this program with us include the A+/Network+, CCNA, MCSA / MCITP-SA, Security+ and more. Get info on VA / GI Bill training.