When it comes to networking for the internet Cisco Systems is a global leader. In today’s technology driven world, networks are essential components of business, education, government and home communications. The technical skills needed to operate within the world of Cisco hardware and software, continue to be an invaluable asset for companies, organizations and government agencies with regard to increasing productivity, improving customer satisfaction and strengthening competitive advantages.
Cisco Certification follows a pyramid model, with each rising level representing a degree of certification. The Associate level is the entry-level certification required for many jobs in relation to IT, network design and network operation. This level of certifications includes CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) and CCDA (Cisco Certified Design Associate). The CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician), while not a requirement, is often pursued before reaching Associate Certification. The next level of the pyramid is Professional, with a certification of CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) and CCVP (Cisco Certified Voice Professional). The pinnacle of the pyramid is the Expert level, which is capped off with the CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) and CCDE (Cisco Certified Design Expert).
This Cisco CCNA class at TrainACE features real world, hands-on lab time with actual routers and switches. The majority of the class involves live interaction with real network hardware that will be applied on the job as a network administrator. Our two training facilities are located in the Washington, D.C. metro area: Ashburn, VA and Greenbelt, MD.
CCNA Classroom-Based Training Cost: $2,395 Per Enrollment
- Sybex CCNA 200-125: The most clear and concise CCNA exam preparation tool available. This CCNA book is well written and comes with extra tools like CCNA practice test software and electronic flash cards.
- CCNA 200-125 exam voucher. The exam must be taken within 15 business days from the last day of class.
Topics & Concepts Covered in CCNA Training Include:
- Describe the Operation of Data Networks
- Implement a Small Switched Network
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Vlans and Trunks
- Port Security
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Spanning Tree Protocol
- Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol Operation
- Implement an IP Addressing Scheme and IP Services to Meet Network Requirements for Small Branch Office
- Configure and Troubleshoot Basic Operation and Routing on Cisco Devices
- Configuring and Troubleshooting NAT and PAT
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Standard and Extended ACL’s
- Serial Link configuration with PPP, HDLC and Frame Relay
- IPv6 operation, configuration and troubleshooting
- Inter VLAN Routing
- Implement a Small Routed Network
- Configuring and Troubleshooting EIGRP
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Single and Multiple area OSPF
- Static Routing
- Managing Cisco Devices
- Router Boot Sequence
- Password recovery
- Backup and Restoring the IOS