Our Wireless Hacking and Security training course is a leading wireless security training class in the industry and was written under the guidance of extremely respected industry professionals. This class is continually updated to include some of the latest in wireless attacks and security principles. This is a three day class and is primarily a hands-on, experiential class. Students will be taken through many different wireless attack techniques and security implementations and at the end of the class, will have a firm understanding of the most cutting edge wireless security principles.
This class is an advanced security course and therefore it is recommended that participants have at least a baseline knowledge of penetration testing (such as Certified Ethical Hacker level).
Duration: 3 days / 24 hours
Instructor: James Younger
Wireless Security Training in Maryland, Washington D.C. or Northern Virginia
Delivery Style: 70% Hands-On, 30% Lecture
TrainACE's 3 day, 24 hour Wireless Hacking and Security course provides attendees with a hands-on experience that will send them back to their employers ready to use wireless networks as a strength from both an offensive and defensive standpoint.
Wireless Hacking and Security Training Course Cost: $1,775 per enrollment
Custom Wireless Security Training For Your Organization
If your organization needs something other than what we have listed here, no problem! Just fill out the request information form to the right and tell us more about your training needs, your ideal start-date, your location preference, your unique set of challenges and the expected outcome, and we will develop a customized training course proposal targeted to the specific needs of your staff within your scheduling constraints! We will gladly do this quickly and free of any obligation.
Wireless Hacking and Security Training Schedule
Date: 02/17/2014 - 02/19/2014
Days: Mon | Tues | Weds
Time: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Topics and Concepts Covered in Wireless Security Training
Module 1: Crash Course In Wireless Networks and Security + WEP
- This workshop will cover many of the fundamentals of wireless (802.11 specific) networking and security concepts.
- Many intermediate concepts such as packet structure and analysis, authentication (Open/Shared), and encryption (WEP/WPA) will be covered in detail. During the investigation of these concepts WEP encryption will be cracked with a thorough explanation of the various techniques that make this possible. This will serve as a building block for the following two days which cover more advanced topics.
- Proper selection of a proper wireless hacking toolkit (802.11 cards, antennas, amplifiers, etc) will be examined with an overview of practical usage of the popular aircrack-ng tool suite. This day will pave the way for the pure hands on lab work that will be covered over the next two days of 802.11 wireless hacking.
Module 2: 802.11 WPA/WPA2 Attacks and Defenses + Man In The Middle Attacks
- This portion of the workshop will cover many of the fundamentals of WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK defenses and circumvention techniques.
- Some intermediate concepts such as the use of personal and distributed use of rainbow tables will be covered including how to create your own hardware cracking platform using powerful graphic cards in parallel will be explored in detail.
- The hands on section will include actually cracking WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK implementations in a classroom environment. We will also cover basic and intermediate Man In The Middle Attacks that will clear the path for material covered in Day 3.
Module 3: 802.11 RADIUS, EAP, etc, Security
- This workshop will focus on attacking and defending highly secured wireless environments such as those found in government and complex enterprise networks.
- Emphasis throughout the entire workshop will be placed on bypassing existing defensive mechanisms and implementations, and covering such popular defensive technologies.
Wireless Hacking Class Preview