Secure coding / application security is the practice of developing applications, whether for computers, mobile devices or the web, in such a manner as to provide defense-in-depth against malicious attacks. Although security and threat modeling discussions often focus on the network and hardware resources to be implemented, software should be written with an approach of defensive coding as well. Best practices are in place for coders, but many in the application development field either don’t know these best practices, or don’t know them well enough to move quickly through the development process enough to reach their application launch goals. That’s where this class comes in. We teach an all encompassing secure coding best practices course that prepares developers for quick know-how when meeting tough application demands. Plus, this class is mapped to the EC-Council Certified Secure Programmer (ECSP) certification.
EC-Council ECSP Certification based Secure Coding Training in Maryland, Washington D.C. or Northern Virginia
Delivery Style: 80% Hands-On, 20% Lecture
If you are looking for an application security / secure coding training class, then we have the solution. You can request a proposal for training for your group. We can perform the class on a Monday through Friday, daytime schedule at your location or ours. to request a training proposal, just fill out the request information form to the right.
Secure Coding Training Course Cost: $2,995 Per Enrollment
This is an Advanced Security course. You must meet specific prerequisites in order to enroll in this course. Please speak to your account manager for more details.
Custom Training For Your Organization
Does your organization have special training needs? Let us know! We'll put together a customized training course proposal targeted to the specific needs of your staff. Select your ideal start-date, your location preference and your equipment requests and we will gladly compose a training plan for your company quickly and free of any obligation.
All Times Listed in Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Date: 06/08/2015 - 06/12/2015
Days: Mon | Tues | Weds | Thurs | Fri
Time: 8:30am - 5:00pm
Topics & Concepts Covered in our ECSP Secure Coding Training Include:
- .Net framework security features and various secure coding principles
- .Net framework run time security model, role-based security, code access security (CAS), and class libraries security
- Various validation controls, mitigation techniques for validation control vulnerabilities, defensive techniques for SQL injection attacks, and output encoding to prevent input validation attacks
- Defensive techniques against session attacks, cookie security, and View State security
- Mitigating vulnerabilities in class level exception handling, managing unhandled errors, and implementing windows log security against various attacks
Recommended Training Audience and Prerequisites
The ECSP certification is intended for programmers who are responsible for designing and building secure Windows/Web based applications with .NET Framework. It is designed for developers who have .NET development skills.
In order to take this course you should be well-versed in the .NET language.
EC-Council Certified Secure Programmer (ECSP) Certification
One exam is required for this certification. The exam is 50 multiple choice questions and you must receive a 70% or higher to pass.
News related to Secure Coding
- Recently Updated – Certified Ethical Hacker Exam Study Guide (4/24/2015)
- What is Big Data and Why is It So Important? (9/24/2014)
- The Importance of Mobile Security (9/16/2014)