TrainACE offers MCSE certification training in Greenbelt, MD and Ashburn, VA.
The Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification series is Microsoft’s certification for expertise in systems engineering. Based on the older “Systems Engineer” certification, the now “Solutions Expert” certification addresses the needs not only of on-site networking but also cloud computing. Through a rigorous testing procedure, the IT professional seeking MCSE certification must show competency in a number of different technologies.
The change in name reflects a new philosophy from Microsoft which focuses on entire solutions rather than on specific Microsoft products. This represents Microsoft’s recognition that with cloud computing the infrastructure is already in place to implement enterprise level applications. Companies are looking for professionals to manage the transition of their applications from on-site to the cloud and maintaining them once they are there.
MCSE Training in Maryland, Washington D.C. or Northern Virginia
TrainACE offers MCSE training at our two locations in the D.C. Metro area: Greenbelt, MD and Ashburn, VA. Our approach to the MCSE certification training class is simple. We provide the students with the study material necessary to do well on the certification exams and we spend the majority of the classroom time doing hands-on lab work so that the student physically performs the material they are being taught.
This class breaks down into roughly 25% lecture and 75% hands-on.
Please see the MCSA page for pricing.
All Times Listed in Eastern Standard Time (EST)
For information related to scheduling, please fill out the information request form to the left.
Custom Training For Your Organization
Does your organization have special training needs? Let us know! We'll put together a customized training course proposal targeted to the specific needs of your staff. Select your ideal start-date, your location preference and your equipment requests and we will gladly compose a training plan for your company quickly and free of any obligation.
Topics & Concepts Covered in MSCE Training
The MCSE certification comes in nine different areas of expertise.
- Server Infrastructure– validates skillset needed to run a data center and an expertise in indentity management, systems management, virtualization, storage, and networking.
- Desktop Infrastructure– validates advanced knowledge of virtualization, remote desktop services, application virtualization, and the skillset to deploy and manage desktops and devices that provide access from anywhere while maintaining security and compliance.
- Private Cloud– validates expertise in managing and implementing Microsoft private cloud computing technologies.
- Enterprise Devices and Apps– showcases skillset needed to manage devices in today’s bring-your-own-device (BYOD) enterprise.
- Data Platform– validates expertise in building and administering enterprise-scale data solutions.
- Business Intelligence– proves ability to design, build, and deploy solutions that deliver more data across organization.
- Messaging– validates skillset to transition companies to the cloud, increase user productivity and flexibility, reduce data loss, and improve data security within an organization.
- Communication– validates your advanced knowledge of creating a consistent communications experience for your organization and connecting your colleagues to people globally.
- SharePoint– validates your ability to assist a company organizae, sync, collaborate, and share information accross the organization.
For the individual, the true value of an MCSE certification is that it provides independent and objective evaluation of their skills. This can provide an edge when applying for a new job or it can lead to promotions within a current position. For employers, being able to claim a professionally certified team provides a significant competitive advantage when sending proposals to new clients. Microsoft can provide a wealth of material showing that Microsoft Certified Professionals are more effective at their jobs than non-certified engineers. Note that Microsoft considers the MCSE to be an “Expert” level certification.
Recommended Training Audience and Prerequisites
Note that Microsoft considers the MCSE to be an “Expert” level certification. This means that the applicant to become a MCSE must already have obtained a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification. For those without any certifications Microsoft offers several paths to earning the MCSE but all require multiple tests (and a significant amount of time and effort) to achieve. The rigorous nature of the exam plus the time commitment and effort required shows potential employers that the IT professional has proven the skills that they claim on their resume.
MSCE Certification Requirements
Visit the Microsoft website to see which exams are required for each of the certifications.