Certified Network Defense Architect (CNDA) is a five-day course that explores the tactics commonly used to penetrate a network. The courseware maps to EC-Council’s certification exam 312-99, and includes the official EC-Council Official Courseware Volumes 1 & 2, an accompanying Lab Manual, a Linux OS CD, and 2 CD’s containing over 300 of the latest tools.
This certification will fortify the application knowledge of security officers, auditors, security professionals, site administrators, and anyone who is concerned about the integrity of the network infrastructure. CNDA candidates will be immersed into an interactive environment where they will be shown how to scan, test, penetrate and secure their own systems. Candidates will begin by understanding how perimeter defenses work and then be lead into scanning and attacking their own networks. No real network is harmed. Candidates then learn how intruders escalate privileges and what steps can be taken to secure a system. Candidates will also learn about Intrusion Detection, Policy Creation, Social Engineering, DDoS Attacks, Buffer Overflows and Virus Creation.
Recommended Training Audiences & Prerequisites
The Certified Network Defense Architect certification will fortify the application knowledge of security officers, auditors, security professionals, site administrators, and anyone who is concerned about the integrity of the network infrastructure.
A Certified Network Defense Architect candidate should have at least two years of information technology security experience, a strong working knowledge of TCP/IP, and a basic familiarity with Linux.
Topics & Concepts Covered in CNDA Training
- Network surveying
- Port scanning
- System identification/OS fingerprinting
- Vulnerability research and verification
- Service identification
- Internet application testing
- Document grinding
- Recognizing security issues within an organization
- Performing legal assessments on remote/foreign networks
- Examining an organization for weaknesses as through the eyes of an industrial spy or a competitor
- Implementing the right tools for each task of the Methodology
- Competitive Intelligence
- Exploiting vulnerabilities remotely
- Examining appropriate countermeasures to thwart malicious intrusion
Program & Cost Structure for CNDA Course
Total Hours: 40 (lecture & lab)
Classroom-Based CNDA Training Program Cost: $2,995 Per Enrollment (Includes Exam Voucher)
CNDA Certification Requirements
This course helps you prepare for EC-Council’s certification exam 312-99. The examination consists of 125 questions and the passing score is 70%. All students who complete the class receive a test voucher that covers the entire price of the 312-99 exam.
News related to CNDA
- Hunting Cyber Threats with Big Data: Our Latest Webinar (2/21/2014)
- University of Maryland…Hacked and Exposed (2/20/2014)
- Security+ Practice Test (2/19/2014)