Master core security technologies with our Cisco CCNA Security training! In our course, you’ll develop the necessary skills to become a verified security expert for Cisco networks. Learn to create a security infrastructure, recognize threats and vulnerabilities to networks and mitigate security threats. Our course will help you develop the competency in the security technologies used by Cisco and will lay the foundation for use in today’s cyber security industry. The CCNA Security Certification prepares individuals for jobs such as a Network Security Specialist, Administrator and Support Engineer.
CCNA Security Training in Washington D.C. or Northern Virginia
This Cisco CCNA Security class at TrainACE features real world, hands-on lab time. The majority of the class involves live interaction with real network hardware that will be applied on the job as a network administrator. Our two training facilities are located in the Washington, D.C. metro area: Ashburn, VA and Greenbelt, MD.
CCNA Security Classroom-Based Training Cost: $2,995 Per Enrollment
CCNA Training Schedule
All Times Listed in Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Self-Paced Online Training
Experience the benefits of classroom learning - anytime, anywhere! The self-paced online CCNA Security certification training option will allow you to prepare for this cert from the comfort of your own home, whenever you have the time.
Our Self-Paced CCNA Security training includes the following:
- Interactive & explanatory instruction & lectures
- User-friendly interface with comprehensive course curriculum
- Step-by-step instructional videos
- Live, virtual lab environment(s)
- Toll-Free Educational Support
- Money-Back Guarantee
Self-Paced CCNA Security Certification Course: $999 Per Enrollment
Custom CCNA Training For Your Organization
Does your organization have special training needs? Let us know! We'll put together a customized training course proposal targeted to the specific needs of your staff. Select your ideal start-date, your location preference and your equipment requests and we will gladly compose a training plan for your company quickly and free of any obligation.
Topics & Concepts Covered in CCNA Security Training include:
- Security concepts and threats
- Implementing AAA using IOS and ISE
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
- VPN technology and cryptography
- IP security
- Implementing IPsec site-to-site VPNs
- Implementing SSL remote-access VPNs using Cisco ASA
- Securing Layer 2 technologies
- Network Foundation Protection (NFP)
- Securing the management, data, and control planes
- Understand, implement, and configure Cisco firewall technologies
- Cisco IPS fundamentals
- Mitigation technologies for e-mail, web-based, and endpoint threats
Recommended Training Audience and Prerequisites
CCNA Security professionals maintain network security for Cisco routers and switches, install and monitor network devices, maintain confidentiality and integrity of network data and devices, and ensure availability of data and devices.
Popular job titles for certification holders include:
- IT Manager
- Network Security Support Engineer
- System Engineer
- Senior Network Engineer
CCNA Security Certification Requirements
One exam, the 210-260 IINS: Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security, is required for certificaion. Exam content focuses on the design, implementation, and monitoring of a comprehensive security policy, using Cisco IOS security features and technologies as examples.
This exam tests the candidate’s knowledge of secure network infrastructure, understanding core security concepts, managing secure access, VPN encryption, firewalls, intrusion prevention, web and email content security, and endpoint security using:
- SIEM Technology
- Cloud & Virtual Network Topologies
- BYOD, Bring Your Own Device
- Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- 802.1x Authentication
- Cisco FirePOWER Next Generation IPS (under Domain 6.0)
- Anti-Malware/Cisco Advanced Malware Protection