This course is part two in a series of three courses that provides skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment. The three courses collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. This course focuses on the administration tasks necessary to maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure such as configuring and troubleshooting name resolution, user and group management with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) and Group Policy, implementing Remote Access Solutions such as DirectAccess, CPNS and Web Application Proxy, implementing Network Policies and Network Access Protection, Data Security, deployment and maintenance of server images, as well as update management and monitoring of Windows Server 2012 environments.
Administering Windows Server 2012 Training in Maryland, Washington D.C. or Northern Virginia
TrainACE offers training at our two locations in Greenbelt, MD and Ashburn, VA. In this five-day Microsoft Official Course, receive hands-on instruction and practice in administering Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2.
Cost per enrollment: $1495.00 (includes books and exam)
All Times Listed in Eastern Standard Time (EST)
For information related to scheduling, please fill out the information request form to the left.
Custom Training for Your Organization
Does your organization have special training needs? Let us know! We'll put together a customized training course proposal targeted to the specific needs of your staff. Select your ideal start-date, your location preference and your equipment requests and we will gladly compose a training plan for your company quickly and free of any obligation.
Topics & Concepts Covered in Administering Windows Server 2012 Include:
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Domain Name System
- Maintaining Active Directory Domain Services
- Managing User and Service Accounts
- Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure
- Managing User Desktops with Group Policy…and more!
Recommended Audience & Prerequisites for Administering Windows Server 2012 Training:
This course is intended for IT professionals with hands on experience working in a Windows server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 environment who wish to acquire skills and knowledge necessary to be able to manage and maintain the core infrastructure required for a Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 environment. Candidates typically interested in attending this course would be:
- Windows Server Administrators experienced in working with Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 who wish to gain skills necessary to perform daily management and maintenance tasks in a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 environment.
- IT Professionals who are looking to take the 411, Administering Windows 2012 exam.
- IT professional wishing to take the Microsoft Certified Expert (MCSE) exams in DataCenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) exams, which are a pre-requisite for their individual specialties.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Knowledge and skills concerning the initial implementation and configuration of core Windows Server services including Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Networking Services and Microsoft Hyper-V.
The course pre-requisites can be met by having knowledge equivalent to, or by attendance at, course 204010D: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012, as this course will build upon that knowledge and skills covered in that course.
Administering Windows Server 2012 Certification Requirements:
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Exam 411: Administering Windows Server 2012, which is the second of three exams required for MCSA: Windows Server 2012 Credential.